Sunday 20 March 2011

MAC Wonder Woman Army of Amazons Coloured Mascara

Hi guys! My last post for the MAC Wonder Woman collection is about the coloured mascaras. They are available in three colours - green, blue and purple. Being a green fiend, I chose the green (Army of Amazons) for a little change to my regular black mascara. The mascaras are in the Opulash formula which is a thick gel like consistancy, good for getting a strong amount of colour onto the lashes. The brush is very big, one of the biggest mascara brushed I have used but that is okay, just be a bit more careful getting to the roots of your lashes and doing the bottom ones.

About the Opulash mascara, MAC say:
'Big, fat, full, bouffant lashes! Dramatic density and curl achieved with a giant brush! Fibres go in all directions for thick, rich, even application with no clumping. Long-wearing formula – up to 15 hours – quickly thickens lashes, root to tip.'

Well I agree with this to some extent, I don't find that it gives me very volumised lashes, Plushlash is much nicer in my opinion. Also I did find it clumped a bit but not overly so considering I did about three coats of this mascara to get the green really intense. The formula is long wearing... but... I found it can flake a bit. My lashes feel hard and crusty, I don't like this. I want my lashes to feel close to natural, be able to flex a bit but obviously keep their hold. Plushlash and my current mascara Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara feel much nicer on. This mascara does however thicken lashes but they just don't look volumised. If you are more concerned about length and making them appear a bit thicker then this formula could be for you. Personally I like my lashes to be very volumised as if I have millions of them.

I wasn't sure how well the colour would show on my lashes as they are so dark but it does! Even with one coat it is visible but I built it up to three coats to make it more intense. The colour is quite nice, it isn't a bright grass green, but slightly bluer. It is a hard to describe colour. When I tried it with the green eyeshadow quad from this collection, I didn't think the greens went well with this shade, it looked a bit strange to me.

Onto photos!

Outer sleeve
Inner box
Army of Amazons Opulash Mascara
Army of Amazons Opulash Mascara
Close up of brush
Applied on the left of the photo, no mascara on the right (notice how dark my eyelashes are?)
Close up - there are some clumps (two coats here, one very light coat on the lower lashes)
Applied to both eyes, three coats altogether, Vanilla eyeshadow on lids which
helps it to stand out better for the photo. It is more noticeable in real life.
So, do you like coloured mascara? I didn't purchase the other colours, did anybody get them, what did you think? I think it is a bit wierd with me not wearing eyeliner but for some reason I like it with this green mascara, maybe because it has a bit of colour in it.

- Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...