Saturday 3 September 2011

My Makeup Brushes Part 2 - Eye Brushes

Hello everyone, sorry for not being around for a while. I have another post on my makeup brush collection. I have a few different brands of eye brushes, Real Techniques, MAC, Bobbi Brown, E.L.F and some random ones. This post is going to focus on my Real Techniques brushes, the rest will follow is other posts so that they don't get too long.


In order of appearance:
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. Available in the Starter Set. £20.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say: 'applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color'
What I say: Like all Real Techniques brushes, this has synthetic bristles so is suitable for vegans or anyone who wants 100% cruelty free brushes. All of the eye brushes have purple handles and have their name printed on them so you know where to use them which is helpful for people who are just getting into makeup. This brush is larger than the majority of my base eyeshadow/shader brushes and the tip is fluffier than usual. You can use the sides to pack on colour and then the tip to soften and blend gently. A good handy brush.

Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. Available in the Starter Set. £20.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say: 'soft, oversized design for effortless contouring'
What I say: Again, this brush is larger than your average crease brush. It also has shorter, more dense bristles. It works so well for putting in subtle contouring for soft eye makeup or placing the shadow into the crease, however when using darker shades or doing crease work which isn't as subtle and requires more blending, I prefer using a more fluffy brush - just my personal preference as I find they move the colour more easily.

Read on for more...


Real Techniques Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush: Available in the Starter Set. £20.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say:  'tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application'
What I say: I've only used this brush for liner a couple of times, personally I don't like using thin long brushes for liner, I prefer short, tapered, flat brushes like my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brushes (which you will see later on). For someone who does like using this sort of brush, it is a good brush, I like the size and that it is tapered because it allows you to make the liner thick or thinner by using the pointy part. It holds plenty of product to get a smooth line too. If you were doing crazy arty makeup, this brush would be excellent for fine detail work.

Real Techniques Brow Brush: Available in the Starter Set. £20.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say: 'distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows'
What I say: This is so soft and effortlessly defines the eyebrows with eyeshadow or brow powder. I don't use it for this as I use a brow pencil so it tends to sit there unused.

Real Techniques Acent Brush: Available in the Starter Set. £20.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say: 'designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging'
What I say: I really like this brush for adding colour to my lower lash line, it is the perfect size as it is short and rounded. It would also work nicely for adding a little highlight to the inner corner of the eyes or precise highlighting under the brows or smudging eyeliner, as they say.

Real Techniques Lash Brow Groomer: £6.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say: 'This precision groomer is essential for defined, separated lashes and beautiful brows'
What I say: My old one of these broke so I had so replace it so chose this. This is so much better than my old one, the teeth in the lash comb are metal so wont snap and the bristles are stiff and groom the brows very well. I also like that it has a cap on the lash comb so that it doesn't get damaged in your makeup bag or scratch anything in there (or yourself when you reach inside).

Real Techniques Detailer Brush: Available in the Core Collection. £20.99 love-makeup.co.uk
What they say: 'precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition'
What I say: I've never used this for concealer or lipstick but I do use it for eyeshadow details. I have seen pixiwoo use it for the other uses and it seemed to work really nicely though. This one doesn't have a purple handle as it is not strictly an eye brush but I use it for that instead.

I hope that was helpful to anyone who was looking to invest in some Real Techniques brushes, I definitely want to collect some of the other brushes available because they are fantastic quality. My next post will be on my MAC brushes.

Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...