Friday 21 October 2011

Marie Claire L'Occitane Free Gift


With this months Marie Claire, they are giving away a choice of four different L'Occitane Shea Butter hand creams. The three pictured are actually all brand new and limited edition, the fourth is the original scent. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream is actually my favourite EVER hand cream. I have eczema and this softens my skin so well. Usually it only comes in the regular Shea Butter scent which has a blue label, you can see a picture here. As it is my favourite I decided to get all three scents because I use it all the time so will be nice to have a change.

The hand creams are all 30ml which retails for £7.50 on L'Occitane's website or you can buy the Happy Hands trio which includes all three new scents for £20. The magazine was £3.60 so the three hand creams cost me £10.80, just over half price. Bargain!

The new scents are:
Hibiscus Flower
This is my favourite one, the smell is delicious. It is strange because it is a flower yet it smells really fruity, almost like apricots. It is quite Summery. I think any age group would like this, it is even suitable for men as it isn't floral or in your face.

Cocoa Flower
This is an odd scent, in a good way. It smells luxurious, slightly chocolaty but also sweet and perfumey. It is really sophisticated. My Mum liked this one especially. It is a very comforting scent too.

Desert Rose
L'Occitane are well known for their beautiful rose scents, this one delivers too. I would say this one smells quite sweet and fruity as well as rosey, it reminds me of Turkish delight. It is not sickly though. I really like it.

L-R: Hibiscus Flower, Cocoa Flower, Desert Rose
I really like the patterned packaging, these are all inspired by African countries (Egypt - Hibiscus Flower, Ivory Coast - Cocoa Flower and Morocco - Desert Rose) so reflect African prints. I also think they look quite Christmassy too, a bit like wrapping paper and the bright colours look so festive. They would make great Christmas presents, the scents are available in lip balms and body creams too.

The actual texture of the cream is very thick, a little goes a long way. You will not be left with greasy hands though as it sinks straight into the skin. This is another reason I love the Shea Butter creams, no greasy marks all over my mouse and keyboard at work!


L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream is one of my beauty must haves so if you are looking for a really good quality hand cream, go try this, you wont be disappointed!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...